Legal representation and research on cases concerning sexual abuse and violence is central to ARCCI. Our activities include:
- Representing ARCCI in proceedings of fundamental importance and creating precedent on legal questions relating to the advancement of the rights of victims
- Conducting legal research on topics of central importance to the legal activity of ARCCI, including:
- The civil statute of limitations for the sexual abuse of children
- Broadening and improving services for victims of sexual assault
- The rights of victims of criminal offenses throughout the judicial process
- Policy concerning closing the State's Attorney's cases
- Providing training sessions for law enforcement officials, including: judges, paralegals in the Supreme Court, investigators of sexual offenses on the police force, and the Police Investigations Department.
- Providing legal counsel to RCCs and others concerning legal questions relating to providing aid, guidance and counsel to victims of sexual assault.